What is involved in Community management
Find out what the related areas are that Community management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Community management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Community management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Community management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Community management related domains to cover and 171 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Community management, Bandwidth, Collaborative, Collective action, Common-pool resource, Community, Egalitarianism, Free rider problem, Grazing rights, Hackathon, Information, Leadership, Network effect, Network neutrality, Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences, Online community manager, Open source, Quality of service, Resource management, Stakeholder, Sustainability, Sustainable development, Synergy, The Financial Times, The commons, Tragedy of the commons, Virtual communities, Volunteering, Water right, Wild fisheries:
Community management Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Community management risks and define what do we need to start doing with Community management.
– What are your design, creative and community management capabilities?
– Have all basic functions of Community management been defined?
– Are there Community management problems defined?
Bandwidth Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Bandwidth tasks and oversee Bandwidth requirements.
– Consider your own Community management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Which data deduplication technique reduces storage capacity and network bandwidth requirements, but increases the overhead on the backup client?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Community management into the services that we provide?
– If youre migrating applications to the cloud, do you know what your bandwidth requirements will be?
– What level of resourcing do you want to commit (e.g., investment budget, management bandwidth)?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Community management?
– How do we ensure that memory bandwidth is keeping up?
– What are the latency and bandwidth requirements?
Collaborative Critical Criteria:
Learn from Collaborative strategies and question.
– What collaborative organizations or efforts has your company interacted with or become involved with to improve its Cybersecurity posture (such as NESCO, NESCOR, Fusion centers, Infragard, US-CERT, ICS-CERT, E-ISAC, SANS, HSIN, the Cross-Sector Cyber Security Working Group of the National Sector Partnership, etc.)?
– Organizational support in providing services: do managers provide encouragement and support for collaborative activities and what is the impact on operations, documentation, billing, and Risk Management?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Community management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Community management agendas for the next 3 years?
– Does it sound like you are in a naturally collaborative environment or one that is very formal?
– Which tasks should be collaborative and which can be handled by a certain role?
– Do suppliers benefit from collaborative relationships with large retailers?
– What are the barriers to increased Community management production?
– What is Collaborative Systems Thinking?
– Why collaborative management?
Collective action Critical Criteria:
Graph Collective action visions and find the ideas you already have.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Community management process?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Community management forward?
Common-pool resource Critical Criteria:
Design Common-pool resource issues and mentor Common-pool resource customer orientation.
– Is maximizing Community management protection the same as minimizing Community management loss?
– To what extent does management recognize Community management as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we go about Comparing Community management approaches/solutions?
Community Critical Criteria:
Adapt Community leadership and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Community.
– What is the role of a hospital in a new community environment that provides more efficient and effective health care (e.g., what are the redesigned structures and models, the role and implementation of accountable care organizations, the structures and processes needed to implement new payment models such as bundled payments, and how do organizations transition to this new role)?
– If wireless technology is used, are vendor default settings changed (i.e. wep keys, ssid, passwords, snmp community strings, disabling ssid broadcasts)?
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– Do we perform an environmental scan of hr strategies within the hr community (what/how are others planning)?
– Do I establish a private (or community) cloud as a staging platform as we learn more about public clouds?
– Are there strategic partners you intend to engage (across your competitor and ecosystem community)?
– What is your approach to server analytics and community analytics for program measurement?
– Agile steering team: How will these cultures be introduced within the community, virtually?
– Wep keys, ssid, passwords, snmp community strings, disabling ssid broadcasts)?
– What resources are available in the community to support the program?
– Is the application interesting to a cross-company community of users?
– Do I have a solid relationship with my community partners?
– What are the best community tools for Customer Service?
– How can skill-level changes improve Community management?
– Is your business vital to the community?
– How to deal with Community management Changes?
Egalitarianism Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Egalitarianism strategies and probe the present value of growth of Egalitarianism.
– what is the best design framework for Community management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Community management?
– Does the Community management task fit the clients priorities?
Free rider problem Critical Criteria:
Define Free rider problem quality and look at the big picture.
– Do those selected for the Community management team have a good general understanding of what Community management is all about?
– How can you measure Community management in a systematic way?
– How do we maintain Community managements Integrity?
Grazing rights Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Grazing rights projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Grazing rights results.
– How will you know that the Community management project has been successful?
– Are there recognized Community management problems?
– Why are Community management skills important?
Hackathon Critical Criteria:
Add value to Hackathon tactics and spearhead techniques for implementing Hackathon.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Community management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Are technology teams encouraged to contribute actively (e.g., hackathons, desk time)?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Community management requirements in detail?
– Why should we adopt a Community management framework?
Information Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Information tasks and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Information is getting what it needs.
– How do you feel about having to self-disclose personal information (e.g., social security or drivers license number or birth dates) in a Customer Service environment. do your views or preferences might affect the way that you provide service to others?
– Before diving into design, think hard about why users are searching your site, and what they want to get out of their search. Are they likely to search for certain types of information, such as specific product descriptions or staff directory entries?
– If your organization is required to report to more than one regulatory body, what information does your organization report and what has been your organizations reporting experience?
– What is the current menu structure of the IVR and what systems/applications does it need to interface with to retrieve information?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Is the documented Information Security Mgmt System (ISMS) established, implemented, operated, monitored, reviewed, maintained and improved?
– Is data (i.e. personal information) encrypted on laptops and other mobile devises used for storing and transferring data?
– Are procedures in place to escalate any incidents of a breach or possible breach of private information?
– How well do we protect highvalue information, especially given todays increasingly mobile workforce?
– Does our entire organization have easy access to information required to support work processes?
– What process should be implemented to review and approve requests for information?
– Does senior leadership have access to Cybersecurity risk information?
– Does any new vocabulary need to be mapped to an existing taxonomy?
– Are there frustrations that are commonly expressed by your users?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– How are our information systems developed ?
– Is the integrity of s/w and information protected?
– How are search results integrated?
Leadership Critical Criteria:
Own Leadership decisions and research ways can we become the Leadership company that would put us out of business.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Community management in a volatile global economy?
– Tell me about your preferred coaching style. I especially want help with (organizational change, leadership, life balance, vision, relationships, time management). how would you help me with that?
– How do you monitor your Cybersecurity posture on business IT systems and ICS systems and communicate status and needs to leadership?
– Will the organizations leaders accept their new leadership or management roles in support of the change?
– How should we modify our leadership development program to drive better business results?
– What are the disruptive innovations in the middle-term that provide near-term domain leadership?
– Where are the best areas for us to target our leadership development program?
– Do we have sufficient internal security leadership to implement programs?
– What is your leaderships capability of sponsoring and supporting change?
– What leadership characteristics lead to better team sales results?
– Has your organization established leadership for its IoT efforts?
– Describe the Leadership and Motivation for the Project Team?
– Who needs to know about Community management ?
Network effect Critical Criteria:
Talk about Network effect results and innovate what needs to be done with Network effect.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Community management leader?
– What are the long-term Community management goals?
Network neutrality Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Network neutrality tasks and explain and analyze the challenges of Network neutrality.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Community management project?
– Can we do Community management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How to Secure Community management?
Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences leadership and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences decisions.
– What are our needs in relation to Community management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Does Community management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are specific Community management Rules to follow?
Online community manager Critical Criteria:
Graph Online community manager results and forecast involvement of future Online community manager projects in development.
– Are there Community management Models?
Open source Critical Criteria:
Model after Open source management and find the ideas you already have.
– Is there any open source personal cloud software which provides privacy and ease of use 1 click app installs cross platform html5?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Community management is underway?
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– What are the different RDBMS (commercial and open source) options available in the cloud today?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Do the Community management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Vetter, Infectious Open Source Software: Spreading Incentives or Promoting Resistance?
– What are some good open source projects for the internet of things?
– What are the best open source solutions for data loss prevention?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– Is there an open source alternative to adobe captivate?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– What are the open source alternatives to Moodle?
– Is Community management Required?
Quality of service Critical Criteria:
Investigate Quality of service risks and catalog Quality of service activities.
– Among the Community management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– How much does Community management help?
– Quality of Service Met?
– Is our Quality of Service Met?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
Resource management Critical Criteria:
Rank Resource management goals and know what your objective is.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– How can you negotiate Community management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Can we reuse our existing resource management and configuration tools?
– Does Community management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Why study Human Resources management (hrm)?
– What are our Community management Processes?
Stakeholder Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Stakeholder tactics and transcribe Stakeholder as tomorrows backbone for success.
– The communication objectives need to be tailored to each stakeholder group, depending on their level of influence, power, and support. Is the message intended to persuade, inform, educate, create participation, influence, change perceptions, influence behavior, engage, garner support, address concerns, or establish ambassadors to support the change?
– Have policy priorities affecting key data governance rules and requirements been identified,and has agreement (either a formal agreement or a verbal approval) on priorities been secured from key stakeholders?
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Would a committee or working party comprised of various stakeholders and members of the target group be useful?
– Has implementation of the program strengthened skills and knowledge of the target group and other stakeholders?
– Have any stakeholders been involved with activities which could raise the programs profile?
– Which Phase of the ADM describes the defining scope and identification of stakeholders?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– How will stakeholders and customers react to the change?
– Are all Stakeholders supporting this vision?
– Does the hr plan work for our stakeholders?
– Who are the key stakeholders?
Sustainability Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Sustainability goals and shift your focus.
– Has an assessment been conducted to ensure the long-term sustainability of the proposed or established data governance policies and procedures, including adequate staffing, tools, technologies, and resources?
– What is the different in meaning if any between the terms Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility?
– Will sustainability be a key differentiator for companies as global competition intensifies?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Community management effort?
– How important is Community management to the user organizations mission?
– Long term sustainability?
Sustainable development Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Sustainable development governance and look at it backwards.
– Is Community management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Synergy Critical Criteria:
Trace Synergy visions and document what potential Synergy megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Community management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
The Financial Times Critical Criteria:
Have a session on The Financial Times decisions and probe the present value of growth of The Financial Times.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Community management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Community management project lifecycle?
– What business benefits will Community management goals deliver if achieved?
The commons Critical Criteria:
Be clear about The commons projects and revise understanding of The commons architectures.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Community management?
– Who sets the Community management standards?
Tragedy of the commons Critical Criteria:
Boost Tragedy of the commons projects and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Community management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we have past Community management Successes?
Virtual communities Critical Criteria:
Analyze Virtual communities visions and find the ideas you already have.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Community management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Community management process available?
– In what ways are Community management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is a Community management Team Work effort in place?
Volunteering Critical Criteria:
Own Volunteering visions and find the ideas you already have.
– Is Community management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Water right Critical Criteria:
Track Water right management and integrate design thinking in Water right innovation.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Community management objectives?
– How can we improve Community management?
Wild fisheries Critical Criteria:
Apply Wild fisheries adoptions and stake your claim.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Community management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Community management External links:
Community Management | Gates Hudson
HOA Management Tucson | Cadden Community Management
ACM Community Management – Property Management …
Bandwidth External links:
My Navy Portal (MNP) Now Includes a Low Bandwidth Version
TMC WTI Live Map – Choose Bandwidth
Minnesota Department of Transportation – Low Bandwidth …
Collaborative External links:
CITI – Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative
Root – The Health Collaborative
WriterDuet – Real-time collaborative screenwriting software
Collective action External links:
Employment Class and Collective Action Update | …
Common-pool resource External links:
What is COMMON-POOL RESOURCE? What does …
Common-pool resource | natural resources | Britannica.com
Egalitarianism External links:
Egalitarianism | Define Egalitarianism at Dictionary.com
Free rider problem External links:
Free rider problem Flashcards | Quizlet
Free Rider Problem – investopedia.com
Grazing rights External links:
Lands and Grazing Rights | ksl.com
Hackathon External links:
MyGov Innovation | Smart India Hackathon 2017
MyGov Innovation | About Smart India Hackathon 2018
What is a Hackathon? – Definition from Techopedia
Information External links:
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
General Title Information | Department of Revenue
Vehicle Registration and Title Information Home Page
Leadership External links:
Home | National Society of Leadership and Success
Navy.mil Leadership Biographies
Management Training and Leadership Training – Online
Network effect External links:
The Network Effect – Beyond Supply Chains
What Is the Network Effect? — The Motley Fool
Network Effect – investopedia.com
Network neutrality External links:
Policy Brief: Network Neutrality | Internet Society
Network Neutrality | Advocacy, Legislation & Issues
Network Neutrality, Broadband Discrimination – SSRN
Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences External links:
Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences – Quora
Online community manager External links:
How to Become a Great Online Community Manager …
Online Community Manager – Elevation Church
Online Community Manager for International Coaching …
Open source External links:
http://In production and development, open source as a development model promotes a universal access via a free license to a product’s design or blueprint, and universal redistribution of that design or blueprint, including subsequent improvements to it by anyone. Before the phrase open source became widely adopted, developers and producers used a variety of other terms. Open source gained hold with the rise of the Internet, and the attendant need for massive retooling of the computing source code. Opening the source code enabled a self-enhancing diversity of production models, communication paths, and interactive communities. The open-source software movement arose to clarify the environment that the new copyright, licensing, domain, and consumer issues created. Generally, open source refers to a computer program in which the source code is available to the general public for use and/or modification from its original design. Open-source code is typically a collaborative effort where programmers improve upon the source code and share the changes within the community so that other members can help improve it further.
Open Source Center – Official Site
Quality of service External links:
Guaranteed High Quality of Service for Business …
Quality of Service (QoS) | Vonage Business
What is Quality of Service (QoS)? – Definition from Techopedia
Resource management External links:
Resource Management Inc.
Home – Ag Resource Management
RxClearinghouse – Your medical resource management …
Stakeholder External links:
Stakeholder Definition – The Glossary of Education Reform
Hazard Mitigation Stakeholder Workshop | FEMA.gov
Stakeholder Synonyms, Stakeholder Antonyms | …
Sustainability External links:
FSG | Product – Services – Sustainability
Sustainability – PepsiCo.com
Sustainable development External links:
Sustainable Development Goals .:. Sustainable …
Sustainable Development Goals | HuffPost
Sustainable Development Goals: 17 Goals to Transform Our …
Synergy External links:
Synergy Bank | Houma, LA – Thibodaux, LA – Gray, LA
Synergy FCU – Official Site
Allsteel Synergy > Login
The Financial Times External links:
The Financial Times guide to data visualization – Digiday
The Financial Times – Medium
The commons External links:
The Commons Chelsea
The Commons at Hollyhock in Katy TX
Flickr: The Commons
Tragedy of the commons External links:
The Tragedy Of The Commons – Forbes.com
Tragedy of the commons | Britannica.com
tragedy of the commons Flashcards | Quizlet
Virtual communities External links:
virtual communities – Everything2.com
Virtual Communities. (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Essay On Virtual Communities – EssayJudge
Volunteering External links:
Careers & Volunteering | Jupiter Medical Center
Volunteering | UF Health, University of Florida Health
Planned Parenthood Jobs and Volunteering Opportunities
Water right External links:
Water Right Search | idwr.idaho.gov
Water Right Information – Utah Division of Water Rights
Water Resources Department Water Right Information Search
Wild fisheries External links:
China’s aquaculture and the world’s wild fisheries | Science