What is involved in Network Functions Virtualization NFV
Find out what the related areas are that Network Functions Virtualization NFV connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Network Functions Virtualization NFV thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Network Functions Virtualization NFV journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Network Functions Virtualization NFV leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Network Functions Virtualization NFV related domains to cover and 143 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Network Functions Virtualization NFV, Network function virtualization, Application-specific integrated circuit, Carrier grade, Certes Networks, Cloud computing, Content delivery network, Cyan, Inc., Darmstadt, Germany, Data link layer, European Telecommunications Standards Institute, Google Talk, Hardware virtualization, High availability, IP Multimedia Subsystem, Intrusion detection system, Load balancing, Mobile base station, Network architecture, Network interface device, Network layer, Network management, Network node, Network virtualization, Northbound interface, OASIS TOSCA, Open Platform for NFV, Open vSwitch, Platform as a service, Proof of concept, RAD Data Communications, Session border controller, Shortest Path Bridging, Software-defined networking, Southbound interface, Systems integrator, Virtual machines, Virtualization engine, White paper:
Network Functions Virtualization NFV Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Network Functions Virtualization NFV results and overcome Network Functions Virtualization NFV skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Network Functions Virtualization NFV process?
– Does the Network Functions Virtualization NFV task fit the clients priorities?
– What are internal and external Network Functions Virtualization NFV relations?
Network function virtualization Critical Criteria:
Depict Network function virtualization decisions and describe the risks of Network function virtualization sustainability.
– Can we add value to the current Network Functions Virtualization NFV decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project?
Application-specific integrated circuit Critical Criteria:
Guide Application-specific integrated circuit risks and attract Application-specific integrated circuit skills.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Network Functions Virtualization NFV process?
– When a Network Functions Virtualization NFV manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Network Functions Virtualization NFV study?
Carrier grade Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Carrier grade engagements and catalog Carrier grade activities.
– How do we know that any Network Functions Virtualization NFV analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How do we Lead with Network Functions Virtualization NFV in Mind?
Certes Networks Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Certes Networks outcomes and separate what are the business goals Certes Networks is aiming to achieve.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Network Functions Virtualization NFV in a volatile global economy?
– What are the short and long-term Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals?
– Why are Network Functions Virtualization NFV skills important?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Learn from Cloud computing quality and get going.
– Provider viability: what happens to your organizations applications and data in the event that the provider goes out of business?
– Have you considered that incident detection and response can be more complicated in a cloud-based environment?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– Does the rise of cloud computing make managed hosting less desired and less important?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– What is the impact of hybrid cloud computing on i&o?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– Resource provisioning algos in cloud computing?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– Why is cloud computing important?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
Content delivery network Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Content delivery network results and reduce Content delivery network costs.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Network Functions Virtualization NFV objectives?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Network Functions Virtualization NFV activities?
Cyan, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Consider Cyan, Inc. tasks and develop and take control of the Cyan, Inc. initiative.
– What are the business goals Network Functions Virtualization NFV is aiming to achieve?
– How to deal with Network Functions Virtualization NFV Changes?
Darmstadt, Germany Critical Criteria:
Probe Darmstadt, Germany governance and get going.
– Have all basic functions of Network Functions Virtualization NFV been defined?
– Why should we adopt a Network Functions Virtualization NFV framework?
– How to Secure Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Data link layer Critical Criteria:
Devise Data link layer management and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Data link layer is getting what it needs.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Network Functions Virtualization NFV does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Network Functions Virtualization NFV into the services that we provide?
– Does Network Functions Virtualization NFV analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
European Telecommunications Standards Institute Critical Criteria:
Think about European Telecommunications Standards Institute governance and revise understanding of European Telecommunications Standards Institute architectures.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes?
– For your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Google Talk Critical Criteria:
Map Google Talk quality and define what do we need to start doing with Google Talk.
– What is the purpose of Network Functions Virtualization NFV in relation to the mission?
– What are the barriers to increased Network Functions Virtualization NFV production?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Hardware virtualization decisions and get the big picture.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes?
– Does Network Functions Virtualization NFV analysis show the relationships among important Network Functions Virtualization NFV factors?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Network Functions Virtualization NFV? There might be some that are less obvious?
High availability Critical Criteria:
Gauge High availability outcomes and proactively manage High availability risks.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Network Functions Virtualization NFV project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Network Functions Virtualization NFV project lifecycle?
– What are some of our practices for having application consistent snapshots across multiple persistent storage systems for disaster recovery and or high availability purposes?
– What are our needs in relation to Network Functions Virtualization NFV skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Should the deployment occur in high availability mode or should we configure in bypass mode?
– How can sdn be applied in the context of disaster recovery and high availability?
– Are our applications designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Is the application designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
IP Multimedia Subsystem Critical Criteria:
Be clear about IP Multimedia Subsystem outcomes and tour deciding if IP Multimedia Subsystem progress is made.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– Who needs to know about Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
Intrusion detection system Critical Criteria:
Merge Intrusion detection system tactics and look at the big picture.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Network Functions Virtualization NFV delivery for example is new software needed?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– Can intrusion detection systems be configured to ignore activity that is generated by authorized scanner operation?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Network Functions Virtualization NFV been identified and analyzed?
– What is a limitation of a server-based intrusion detection system (ids)?
Load balancing Critical Criteria:
Boost Load balancing management and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Network Functions Virtualization NFV objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes of our organization?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Network Functions Virtualization NFV effort?
– What is a feature of dns server load balancing?
– What load balancing technique should we use?
Mobile base station Critical Criteria:
Focus on Mobile base station strategies and report on setting up Mobile base station without losing ground.
– What are the disruptive Network Functions Virtualization NFV technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Network Functions Virtualization NFV, including any consulting or professional services?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Network Functions Virtualization NFV project?
Network architecture Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Network architecture risks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Network architecture projects.
– How do we measure improved Network Functions Virtualization NFV service perception, and satisfaction?
– How would one define Network Functions Virtualization NFV leadership?
– How can we improve Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Network interface device Critical Criteria:
Frame Network interface device risks and report on the economics of relationships managing Network interface device and constraints.
– Consider your own Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Network Functions Virtualization NFV? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Which Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals are the most important?
Network layer Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Network layer risks and revise understanding of Network layer architectures.
– Think of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what are the main functions?
– What business benefits will Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals deliver if achieved?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Merge Network management issues and describe the risks of Network management sustainability.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– Is a Network Functions Virtualization NFV Team Work effort in place?
– What is Effective Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Network node Critical Criteria:
Confer over Network node outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of Network node relationship management.
– In what ways are Network Functions Virtualization NFV vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Who will provide the final approval of Network Functions Virtualization NFV deliverables?
Network virtualization Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Network virtualization governance and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Network virtualization.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Network Functions Virtualization NFV leader?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
– What threat is Network Functions Virtualization NFV addressing?
Northbound interface Critical Criteria:
Rank Northbound interface goals and oversee Northbound interface management by competencies.
– What vendors make products that address the Network Functions Virtualization NFV needs?
– Is the scope of Network Functions Virtualization NFV defined?
OASIS TOSCA Critical Criteria:
Adapt OASIS TOSCA decisions and describe which business rules are needed as OASIS TOSCA interface.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Network Functions Virtualization NFV experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do we all define Network Functions Virtualization NFV in the same way?
Open Platform for NFV Critical Criteria:
Adapt Open Platform for NFV tactics and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Open Platform for NFV projects.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Network Functions Virtualization NFV agendas for the next 3 years?
– How will you measure your Network Functions Virtualization NFV effectiveness?
Open vSwitch Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Open vSwitch tactics and track iterative Open vSwitch results.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Network Functions Virtualization NFV workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Does Network Functions Virtualization NFV systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Platform as a service planning and secure Platform as a service creativity.
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Add value to Proof of concept tasks and transcribe Proof of concept as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– Will Network Functions Virtualization NFV deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Network Functions Virtualization NFV Management?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
RAD Data Communications Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze RAD Data Communications engagements and secure RAD Data Communications creativity.
– How do we maintain Network Functions Virtualization NFVs Integrity?
Session border controller Critical Criteria:
Unify Session border controller leadership and drive action.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV activities?
Shortest Path Bridging Critical Criteria:
Study Shortest Path Bridging adoptions and get the big picture.
Software-defined networking Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Software-defined networking decisions and pioneer acquisition of Software-defined networking systems.
– Can we do Network Functions Virtualization NFV without complex (expensive) analysis?
Southbound interface Critical Criteria:
Investigate Southbound interface projects and assess what counts with Southbound interface that we are not counting.
– What is our formula for success in Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
Systems integrator Critical Criteria:
Review Systems integrator management and achieve a single Systems integrator view and bringing data together.
– In the case of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Network Functions Virtualization NFV project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Think about the people you identified for your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Virtual machines Critical Criteria:
Unify Virtual machines outcomes and report on developing an effective Virtual machines strategy.
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
Virtualization engine Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Virtualization engine results and arbitrate Virtualization engine techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Network Functions Virtualization NFV information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we keep improving Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
White paper Critical Criteria:
Jump start White paper planning and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive White paper projects.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Network Functions Virtualization NFV Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Network function virtualization External links:
[PDF]Introduction to Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
What is Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – Ciena
Carrier grade External links:
CGRT Billing – Carrier Grade Realtime Billing for Freeswitch
Carrier grade LPWAN.
Certes Networks External links:
Certes Networks Layer 4 Encryption – YouTube
Certes Networks – Home | Facebook
15 Certes Networks reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | DevOps
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Content delivery network External links:
Akamai – Content Delivery Network (CDN) & Cloud …
Azure Content delivery network | Microsoft Azure
Content Delivery Network guidance | Microsoft Docs
Cyan, Inc. External links:
Myst – Cyan, Inc. – Makers of Myst, Riven, and More
Cyan, Inc. v. Beaver County Employees’ Retirement Fund
Darmstadt, Germany External links:
Job Search – Careers | Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany …
Company Section | Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Job Detail – Careers | Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Data link layer External links:
Data link layer: second layer in OSI model
Data Link Layer-Chapter 7 Flashcards | Quizlet
What is the role of the data link layer? – Quora
European Telecommunications Standards Institute External links:
ETSI – European Telecommunications Standards Institute
ETSI-European Telecommunications Standards Institute
European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI)
Google Talk External links:
Google Talk for Developers | Google Developers
How to Set up a Google Talk Account: 9 Steps (with Pictures)
High availability External links:
High Availability Replication Software | EVault & DoubleTake
FlashGrid | Database High Availability Simplified
High Availability Inc.
IP Multimedia Subsystem External links:
IP Multimedia Subsystem – YouTube
IP Multimedia Subsystem – IMS Test Suite – YouTube
Intrusion detection system External links:
Intrusion Detection System Design and Installation
Load balancing External links:
Application Gateway–Load Balancing Solution | Microsoft …
Traffic Manager – Cloud load balancing | Microsoft Azure
Load Balancer | Load Balancing – KEMP Technologies
Network architecture External links:
LTE Network Architecture – tutorialspoint.com
Network interface device External links:
Telephone Network Interface Device – Tech-FAQ
1G Network Interface Device – Model 9145E – Canoga
Network layer External links:
Network Layer – technet.microsoft.com
What is the Network Layer? – Definition from Techopedia
Network Layer: Chapter 6 Flashcards | Quizlet
Network management External links:
HOW TO: Configure the Simple Network Management …
UNMS – Ubiquiti Network Management System
Video: Network Management Card (NMC) Password Reset …
Network node External links:
[PDF]TONN8 Trend Open Network Node – …
How to Easily Setup a Tierion Network Node – AccruBit.com
Exchange Network Node v2
Network virtualization External links:
Network Virtualization. Introduction – YouTube
VMware NSX : Network Virtualization and Security Platform
Northbound interface External links:
[MS-NCNBI]: Network Controller Northbound Interface
Wireless Glossary – NBI (Northbound Interface)
CMS Northbound Interface Integration – Gregory Brewster
OASIS TOSCA External links:
Understanding OASIS TOSCA – YouTube
OASIS TOSCA Translator – IBM Code
Oasis Tosca DevOps Paris (Paris, France) | Meetup
Open Platform for NFV External links:
Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) – Google+ – plus.google.com
Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) – YouTube
Open vSwitch External links:
Introduction to Open vSwitch (OVS) – YouTube
Platform as a service External links:
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
VPaaS – Video Platform as a Service | Kaltura
Fully Managed Big Data Platform as a Service | Cazena
Proof of concept External links:
Proof of Concept Agreement | Pentaho
What is a Proof of Concept (POC)? – Definition from Techopedia
RAD Data Communications External links:
RAD Data Communications | Crunchbase
Contact Us – RAD Data Communications
Products – RAD Data Communications
Session border controller External links:
[PDF]Deploying Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise
[PDF]Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise 7.2 …
[PDF]Oracle® Communications Session Border Controller
Shortest Path Bridging External links:
[PDF]Configuration — Shortest Path Bridging MAC (SPBM) …
Tutorial: IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging – YouTube
Software-defined networking External links:
What is software-defined networking (SDN)? – …
Southbound interface External links:
Does SolarWinds have a southbound interface? |THWACK
Southbound Interface – Load Balancer | Load Balancing
Systems integrator External links:
Neurilink | Leading Audio Visual Systems Integrator
Affinity Energy – Control Systems Integrator SCADA & EPMS
AV Systems Integrator – Los Angeles & Orange County – Spinitar
Virtual machines External links:
Virtual machines (eBook, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Virtual machines – Math – The University of Utah
Virtual Machines – MineOS – minecraft.codeemo.com
Virtualization engine External links:
WIDE AREA VIRTUALIZATION ENGINE 8541 – zones.com
Delphix Virtualization Engine – Delphix
White paper External links:
[PDF]White paper – Decentraland
INDOOR AGRICULTURE WHITE PAPERS – Indoor Ag-Con
AML BitCoin (ABTC) Token Sale: Read White Paper