What is involved in SaaS
Find out what the related areas are that SaaS connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SaaS thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its PandC Insurance Policy Administration Management SaaS journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward PandC Insurance Policy Administration Management SaaS leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SaaS related domains to cover and 169 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SaaS, Software versioning, Agile software development, Communications protocol, Zoho Corporation, Software maintainer, Abiquo Enterprise Edition, Retail software, Software release life cycle, SaaS, Wide area network, Instant messaging, Centralized computing, Free and open-source software, Computer configuration, Engine Yard, Google Cloud Platform, Commercial software, Independent software vendor, Computer network, Boston Review, Proprietary software, Torrent poisoning, Hardware virtualization, Online social network, Software copyright, Software architecture, License manager, Client-server model, Computer-aided design, Web design, Product activation, Horizontal scaling, Product key, Gartner Group, Comparison of structured storage software, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, Representational State Transfer, Collaborative software, Software design, EMC Atmos, Software as a service, Copy protection, Hardware restrictions, Washington, D.C., Web analytics, Information sharing, Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand, Management information systems, Service bureau, Software delivery, Application service provider, Digital distribution:
SaaS Critical Criteria:
Rank SaaS issues and look for lots of ideas.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your SaaS strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Are the SaaS provider capabilities sufficient to automate user provisioning and life cycle management without implementing a custom solution for the SaaS service?
– Service-level requirement, how can the IT or business unit meet the internal marketing departments availability expectation based on the SaaS providers SLA?
– Which of the SaaS employees has root and database access, and will anything prevent them from getting access to your corporate data?
– Is the organization ready to provision and manage the user life cycle by extending its established IAM practice to the SaaS service?
– Can your saas application provisioning system integrate with existing on-premise Identity and Access Management systems?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further enable saas adoption?
– What criteria should I use to evaluate hosted web security solutions security saas for smbs?
– What are some examples of Service Level Agreements used by saas companies and or products?
– What specific functionality is our Customer Service Management system required to provide?
– How do you calculate the cost of servicing a customer in a SaaS business?
– What are the advantages disadvantages of saas drp solutions?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– How do I collect and analyze SaaS security logs?
– How do we manage users saas accounts and access?
– How do I manage users SaaS accounts and access?
– How not to be locked in a SaaS system?
– Does migration include SaaS Solutions?
Software versioning Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Software versioning quality and create Software versioning explanations for all managers.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a SaaS project?
– Will SaaS deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Rank Agile software development engagements and explain and analyze the challenges of Agile software development.
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– Does the organization have a distinct quality program that support continuous process improvement?
– Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– What scaling factors should we consider when tailoring our approach?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– How do you best coordinate Agile and non-Agile teams?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– Detaching: when does it break down?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
– How good are our agile methods?
– What Is Exploratory Testing?
Communications protocol Critical Criteria:
Discuss Communications protocol adoptions and stake your claim.
– What are all of our SaaS domains and what do they do?
– Is there any existing SaaS governance structure?
– Is Supporting SaaS documentation required?
Zoho Corporation Critical Criteria:
Define Zoho Corporation outcomes and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Zoho Corporation decisions.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of SaaS into the services that we provide?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the SaaS requirements in detail?
– What potential environmental factors impact the SaaS effort?
Software maintainer Critical Criteria:
Examine Software maintainer strategies and give examples utilizing a core of simple Software maintainer skills.
– Does SaaS analysis show the relationships among important SaaS factors?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed SaaS opportunities costing us money?
– Do we have past SaaS Successes?
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Critical Criteria:
Design Abiquo Enterprise Edition leadership and adjust implementation of Abiquo Enterprise Edition.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in SaaS?
– Can we do SaaS without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What about SaaS Analysis of results?
Retail software Critical Criteria:
Study Retail software tasks and report on the economics of relationships managing Retail software and constraints.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the SaaS process?
– How can the value of SaaS be defined?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Discourse Software release life cycle tactics and change contexts.
– What management system can we use to leverage the SaaS experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Among the SaaS product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the SaaS process?
SaaS Critical Criteria:
Unify SaaS strategies and forecast involvement of future SaaS projects in development.
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further and enable saas adoption?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Regarding the saas system requirement for invoicing. what is involved in this process?
– What are the anticipated hours of operation for live Customer Service support?
– What are the best BI and reporting tools for embedding in a SaaS application?
– Do we monitor the SaaS decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is the difference between SaaS and ASP/Hosted?
– How do we collect and analyze saas security logs?
Wide area network Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Wide area network outcomes and find the ideas you already have.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a SaaS process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the SaaS process available?
– Have you identified your SaaS key performance indicators?
– What vendors make products that address the SaaS needs?
Instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Understand Instant messaging issues and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Instant messaging.
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
– Do those selected for the SaaS team have a good general understanding of what SaaS is all about?
– What are internal and external SaaS relations?
Centralized computing Critical Criteria:
Use past Centralized computing goals and probe Centralized computing strategic alliances.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of SaaS?
– How would one define SaaS leadership?
Free and open-source software Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Free and open-source software leadership and balance specific methods for improving Free and open-source software results.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to SaaS? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective SaaS leader?
– What is Effective SaaS?
Computer configuration Critical Criteria:
Devise Computer configuration failures and revise understanding of Computer configuration architectures.
– To what extent does management recognize SaaS as a tool to increase the results?
– When a SaaS manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are accountability and ownership for SaaS clearly defined?
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Own Engine Yard planning and oversee Engine Yard management by competencies.
Google Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Google Cloud Platform planning and define Google Cloud Platform competency-based leadership.
– How will you measure your SaaS effectiveness?
– Are there SaaS problems defined?
Commercial software Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Commercial software issues and reduce Commercial software costs.
– How is the value delivered by SaaS being measured?
Independent software vendor Critical Criteria:
Consider Independent software vendor engagements and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Independent software vendor decisions.
– In what ways are SaaS vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What is the source of the strategies for SaaS strengthening and reform?
– Who needs to know about SaaS ?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Computer network decisions and create a map for yourself.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether SaaS goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– How do we go about Comparing SaaS approaches/solutions?
– How much does SaaS help?
Boston Review Critical Criteria:
Merge Boston Review issues and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Boston Review projects.
– How do we know that any SaaS analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Are assumptions made in SaaS stated explicitly?
Proprietary software Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Proprietary software decisions and learn.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once SaaS is underway?
– What are the usability implications of SaaS actions?
Torrent poisoning Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Torrent poisoning projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Torrent poisoning because they lack skills.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to SaaS?
– Who will provide the final approval of SaaS deliverables?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
X-ray Hardware virtualization projects and slay a dragon.
– Think about the functions involved in your SaaS project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How can skill-level changes improve SaaS?
Online social network Critical Criteria:
See the value of Online social network leadership and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How can you negotiate SaaS successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we Identify specific SaaS investment and emerging trends?
Software copyright Critical Criteria:
Read up on Software copyright outcomes and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Software copyright services.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a SaaS project?
– Which SaaS goals are the most important?
– What are current SaaS Paradigms?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Consider Software architecture leadership and look for lots of ideas.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with SaaS ?
– What will drive SaaS change?
License manager Critical Criteria:
Coach on License manager engagements and know what your objective is.
Client-server model Critical Criteria:
Guard Client-server model leadership and spearhead techniques for implementing Client-server model.
– Does SaaS include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How to Secure SaaS?
Computer-aided design Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Computer-aided design management and work towards be a leading Computer-aided design expert.
– What is the total cost related to deploying SaaS, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does SaaS analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Web design Critical Criteria:
Merge Web design decisions and oversee Web design management by competencies.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these SaaS processes?
– Do the SaaS decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Do you need to be artistic to be a good web designer?
Product activation Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Product activation decisions and catalog Product activation activities.
– Think of your SaaS project. what are the main functions?
Horizontal scaling Critical Criteria:
Look at Horizontal scaling governance and look at the big picture.
– What are the Essentials of Internal SaaS Management?
Product key Critical Criteria:
See the value of Product key decisions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Product key services.
– What are the key elements of your SaaS performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How do mission and objectives affect the SaaS processes of our organization?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a SaaS study?
Gartner Group Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Gartner Group management and separate what are the business goals Gartner Group is aiming to achieve.
– How do your measurements capture actionable SaaS information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Does the SaaS task fit the clients priorities?
– How to deal with SaaS Changes?
Comparison of structured storage software Critical Criteria:
Track Comparison of structured storage software quality and attract Comparison of structured storage software skills.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if SaaS does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic SaaS objectives?
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides Critical Criteria:
Meet over Google Docs, Sheets and Slides adoptions and look at the big picture.
– What are our best practices for minimizing SaaS project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the SaaS project lifecycle?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of SaaS moving forward?
Representational State Transfer Critical Criteria:
Jump start Representational State Transfer management and integrate design thinking in Representational State Transfer innovation.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about SaaS. How do we gain traction?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a SaaS strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Collaborative software Critical Criteria:
Map Collaborative software visions and prioritize challenges of Collaborative software.
– Will SaaS have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Align Software design outcomes and research ways can we become the Software design company that would put us out of business.
– what is the best design framework for SaaS organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Is the SaaS organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do we maintain SaaSs Integrity?
EMC Atmos Critical Criteria:
Model after EMC Atmos leadership and find the essential reading for EMC Atmos researchers.
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Software as a service results and display thorough understanding of the Software as a service process.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Have the types of risks that may impact SaaS been identified and analyzed?
– Is SaaS Required?
Copy protection Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Copy protection quality and ask questions.
Hardware restrictions Critical Criteria:
Model after Hardware restrictions leadership and intervene in Hardware restrictions processes and leadership.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations SaaS values?
Washington, D.C. Critical Criteria:
Study Washington, D.C. results and figure out ways to motivate other Washington, D.C. users.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your SaaS activities?
– How do we manage SaaS Knowledge Management (KM)?
Web analytics Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Web analytics quality and check on ways to get started with Web analytics.
– What statistics should one be familiar with for business intelligence and web analytics?
– What is the purpose of SaaS in relation to the mission?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
Information sharing Critical Criteria:
Confer re Information sharing visions and ask what if.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of SaaS that make it risky?
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand Critical Criteria:
Check Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand tactics and transcribe Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What business benefits will SaaS goals deliver if achieved?
– Does SaaS appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Do we all define SaaS in the same way?
Management information systems Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Management information systems results and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Management information systems projects.
– How do we Improve SaaS service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why is SaaS important for you now?
Service bureau Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Service bureau tactics and define what do we need to start doing with Service bureau.
– Is there a SaaS Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Software delivery Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Software delivery visions and prioritize challenges of Software delivery.
– With this new, full-stack approach to software delivery comes new opportunity for delay. DevOps was developed as a reaction to the long lead times required for infrastructure provisioning and integration with bureaucracy-laden ITIL processes. But what are these new sources of delay in the software development lifecycle?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your SaaS project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing SaaS?
– What are specific SaaS Rules to follow?
Application service provider Critical Criteria:
Coach on Application service provider governance and interpret which customers can’t participate in Application service provider because they lack skills.
Digital distribution Critical Criteria:
Administer Digital distribution issues and explore and align the progress in Digital distribution.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the PandC Insurance Policy Administration Management SaaS Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SaaS External links:
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
SiteZeus® | Predictive power for site selection success – SaaS
Connected2Fiber: B2B SaaS Platform for Network …
Software versioning External links:
Software Versioning Strategies – Lionhack
Best Practice: Software Versioning – Stack Overflow
Software versioning – YouTube
Agile software development External links:
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
8 Benefits of Agile Software Development | Segue …
Best documentation practices in agile software development
Communications protocol External links:
Modbus-Simple Communications Protocol
Zoho Corporation External links:
GDPR Compliance Corporate Statement | Zoho Corporation
Zoho Corporation – Android Apps on Google Play
Abiquo Enterprise Edition External links:
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – WOW.com
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Abiquo Enterprise Edition
Retail software External links:
Retail Software | Retail POS | E-Commerce | CAM Commerce
Software release life cycle External links:
Software Release Life Cycle – Quora
Software release life cycle | Ksbriian Public Space
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com
SaaS External links:
Cloud Computing Awards & SaaS Awards 2018-19
Connected2Fiber: B2B SaaS Platform for Network …
SiteZeus® | Predictive power for site selection success – SaaS
Wide area network External links:
Wide Area Network (WAN) | North Dakota ITD
Wide area network | computer science | Britannica.com
[PDF]ALTESS Wide Area Network Acceptable Use Agreement
Instant messaging External links:
ICE Instant Messaging
The Dangers of Using Instant Messaging at Work – WSJ
CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform – CME Group
Centralized computing External links:
What is Centralized Computing? – Definition from Techopedia
Centralized Computing « Codelinguist’s Blog
Computer configuration External links:
Computer Configuration Check – Tribridge
Computer Configuration Check – Tribridge
Engine Yard External links:
The Engine Yard at Belvoir Castle – Home | Facebook
Engine Yard (@engineyard) | Twitter
Tom Mornini, Engine Yard Inc: Profile & Biography – Bloomberg
Google Cloud Platform External links:
Cloud Launcher – Google Cloud Platform
Cloud9 for Google Cloud Platform · Cloud9
Google Cloud Platform – Google Developers Console
Commercial software External links:
E-file-approved commercial software: Personal income tax
efile with Commercial Software | Internal Revenue Service
Independent software vendor External links:
Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Partners | Five9
Independent Software Vendor Partner Program | DigiCert.com
ISV (independent software vendor) – Gartner IT Glossary
Boston Review External links:
Boston Review Submission Manager Powered By Submittable – Accept and Curate Digital Content
http://Discovery/Boston Review Poetry Contest – 92y.org
Boston Review – Home | Facebook
The Good in Standardized Testing | Boston Review
Proprietary software External links:
Proprietary Software for Free | USC Spatial Sciences Institute
What is Proprietary Software? – Definition from Techopedia
Torrent poisoning External links:
Torrent poisoning – General – µTorrent Community Forums
How does torrent poisoning work? – Quora
Torrent Poisoning – TorrentInvites.org
Online social network External links:
The HHC Online Social Network – Hip Hop Congress
[PDF]Online Social Network Site Addiction: A Comprehensive …
Software copyright External links:
Software Copyright Notice And Disclaimer | IPIRA
Software architecture External links:
Example: Software Architecture Document
Software Architecture – O’Reilly Media
Chapter 1: What is Software Architecture?
License manager External links:
ULS License Manager Help – FCC.gov
Client-server model External links:
What is the Client-Server Model? – Definition from Techopedia
Computer-aided design External links:
Computer-aided design is the use of computer systems to assist in the creation, modification, analysis, or optimization of a design. CAD software is used to increase the productivity of the designer, improve the quality of design, improve communications through documentation, and to create a database for manufacturing.
Web design External links:
Meaning of title: title definition – Web Design Dictionary
web design – Site Title
Web Design Best Practices | Meta Tags
Product activation External links:
Adobe – Product activation center
Nuance – Support – Product Activation
Horizontal scaling External links:
What is Horizontal Scaling? – Definition from Techopedia
Graphing Tools: Vertical and Horizontal Scaling
High Availability – Horizontal Scaling | Serv-U
Product key External links:
Download Office 2007 | Office 2007 Product Key
Find your Windows product key – Windows Help
ProduKey – Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of …
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides External links:
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides – Adelphi University
Collaborative software External links:
XHANDU Home The First Realtime Collaborative Software
Collaborative software solutions from MultiTaction
Home – IRIS Business Architect collaborative software
Software design External links:
MjM Software Design
Custom Software Design & Development | FrogSlayer
Exygy | Software Design & Development Agency | B …
EMC Atmos External links:
List of EMC Atmos language specific bindings – DECN
ViPR EMC Atmos Object Service API Support
ECS 2.0 – ECS EMC Atmos Object Service API support
Software as a service External links:
DENTAWEB Software as a service
Software as a Service | Accenture
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Copy protection External links:
Copy Protect – Copy Protection Software – Copyright your Work
Hardware restrictions External links:
Hardware restrictions – INFOTECHCOMPUTING …
[PDF]HARDWARE RESTRICTIONS FOR 1-3/8” THICK …
Security: Managing Hardware Restrictions via Group Policy
Washington, D.C. External links:
Embassy of India, Washington, D.C. – Official Site
USSFCU | Washington, D.C. – Alexandria, VA – Bethesda, MD
Web analytics External links:
Web Analytics in Real Time | Clicky
Careers | Mobile & Web Analytics | Mixpanel
Web analytics | HitsLink
Information sharing External links:
ISAAC: Information Sharing, Administration, & Analysis …
NVD – Control – AC-21 – INFORMATION SHARING
[USC10] 6 USC 485: Information sharing
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand External links:
VMware vCloud Air: Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand – …
Management information systems External links:
What is MIS? | Management Information Systems
Service bureau External links:
[PDF]FHA Connection Guide Service Bureau Administration …
Quick Start Guide: Service Bureau Administration
Service Bureau ID – OSCAR Home Page
Software delivery External links:
Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
Software Delivery – Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting Support
Software Delivery | Home
Application service provider External links:
Online Transcription Application Service Provider (TASP)
Transcription application service provider (TASP)
[PDF]Application Service Provider (ASP) Agreement For …
Digital distribution External links:
Digital Distribution to World’s Largest VOD Platforms