What is involved in Enterprise Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Collaborative Enterprise Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Collaborative Enterprise Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Architecture related domains to cover and 290 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Architecture, Integrated Authority File, Architectural pattern, Real Story Group, Enterprise Architect, Service-oriented modeling, Software quality assurance, System Architect, Iterative and incremental development, Danese Cooper, Software deployment, International Institute of Business Analysis, Unified Process, Software development process, Federal Enterprise Architecture, Spiral model, Business transformation, Business process, Project management, Formal methods, United States Government, Sparx Systems, Software archaeology, ISO/IEC 42010, Architecture domain, Capital Planning and Investment Control, Structured analysis, Software design, Service Oriented Architecture, Function model, Trygve Reenskaug, Enterprise Architecture, Systems development life cycle, InterContinental Hotels Group, Performance management, Niklaus Wirth, Software quality, Business architecture, IT infrastructure, Rapid application development, IT management, Software testing, Software architecture, Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge, Enterprise architecture framework, Risk management, Requirements Engineering, Architecture of Integrated Information Systems, Open-closed principle, Software engineering, Aspect-oriented software development, QPR Software, Watts Humphrey, Systems engineering, Data store, Knowledge management, Software maintenance, Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations, Project portfolio management, United States Department of the Interior, Systems analysis, Incremental build model, IDS Scheer, Ivar Jacobson, Computer science:
Enterprise Architecture Critical Criteria:
Boost Enterprise Architecture engagements and probe the present value of growth of Enterprise Architecture.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Enterprise Architecture forward?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– How can skill-level changes improve Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– Why should we adopt a Enterprise Architecture framework?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Explore Integrated Authority File quality and attract Integrated Authority File skills.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Enterprise Architecture strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How likely is the current Enterprise Architecture plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Enterprise Architecture that make it risky?
Architectural pattern Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Architectural pattern failures and oversee Architectural pattern management by competencies.
– Does Enterprise Architecture systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Enterprise Architecture?
– How important is Enterprise Architecture to the user organizations mission?
Real Story Group Critical Criteria:
Merge Real Story Group issues and tour deciding if Real Story Group progress is made.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Enterprise Architecture project?
– Is there any existing Enterprise Architecture governance structure?
– Are there Enterprise Architecture problems defined?
Enterprise Architect Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Enterprise Architect results and look for lots of ideas.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Enterprise Architecture services/products?
– How do we Identify specific Enterprise Architecture investment and emerging trends?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
– What skills are specific to Enterprise Architect role?
– Are there Enterprise Architecture Models?
Service-oriented modeling Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Service-oriented modeling leadership and find answers.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Enterprise Architecture moving forward?
– Have you identified your Enterprise Architecture key performance indicators?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Match Software quality assurance engagements and triple focus on important concepts of Software quality assurance relationship management.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– What will drive Enterprise Architecture change?
System Architect Critical Criteria:
Communicate about System Architect decisions and display thorough understanding of the System Architect process.
– Can we add value to the current Enterprise Architecture decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– System Architecture for On-Chip Networks: What system architecture (topology, routing, flow control, interfaces) is optimal for on-chip networks?
– What are the short and long-term Enterprise Architecture goals?
– How well do we understand the system architecture?
– How do we go about Securing Enterprise Architecture?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Iterative and incremental development outcomes and shift your focus.
– What are the key elements of your Enterprise Architecture performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Generalize Danese Cooper visions and gather practices for scaling Danese Cooper.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Enterprise Architecture products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does Enterprise Architecture create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Adapt Software deployment tasks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Software deployment.
– Are assumptions made in Enterprise Architecture stated explicitly?
– What is our Enterprise Architecture Strategy?
International Institute of Business Analysis Critical Criteria:
Be clear about International Institute of Business Analysis failures and correct better engagement with International Institute of Business Analysis results.
– What is the source of the strategies for Enterprise Architecture strengthening and reform?
– Is Enterprise Architecture dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is Supporting Enterprise Architecture documentation required?
Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Focus on Unified Process tasks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Unified Process.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Enterprise Architecture process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Enterprise Architecture process available?
– How much does Enterprise Architecture help?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Software development process goals and balance specific methods for improving Software development process results.
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– Who will provide the final approval of Enterprise Architecture deliverables?
– How do we maintain Enterprise Architectures Integrity?
Federal Enterprise Architecture Critical Criteria:
Shape Federal Enterprise Architecture management and point out Federal Enterprise Architecture tensions in leadership.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Enterprise Architecture models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Consider your own Enterprise Architecture project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Study Spiral model management and ask questions.
– What are all of our Enterprise Architecture domains and what do they do?
Business transformation Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Business transformation tactics and arbitrate Business transformation techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Enterprise Architecture values?
– How do we Lead with Enterprise Architecture in Mind?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Group Business process projects and point out improvements in Business process.
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Enterprise Architecture processes?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– Are interruptions to business activities counteracted and critical business processes protected from the effects of major failures or disasters?
– What are the disruptive Enterprise Architecture technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– If we accept wire transfers what is the desired business process around supporting wire transfers?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– How does the solution handle core business processes?
– What/how are business processes defined?
– What is the business process?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Project management issues and drive action.
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– What of the risk of rework if initial architecture work overlooks what turns out to be critical? what is the probability of this happening?
– Just what is a project management office, and how can it help you address the unique project management challenges in your organization?
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– What is meant by an integrative approach to project management?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– How do we deal with change when it happens?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– How does cost of change affect software?
– How much project management is needed?
– Agile Management an oxymoron?
– When is done done?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Formal methods leadership and balance specific methods for improving Formal methods results.
– Do those selected for the Enterprise Architecture team have a good general understanding of what Enterprise Architecture is all about?
– How do we know that any Enterprise Architecture analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Can we do Enterprise Architecture without complex (expensive) analysis?
United States Government Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap United States Government goals and plan concise United States Government education.
– What are the usability implications of Enterprise Architecture actions?
– What are our Enterprise Architecture Processes?
– Is Enterprise Architecture Required?
Sparx Systems Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Sparx Systems strategies and report on developing an effective Sparx Systems strategy.
– In the case of a Enterprise Architecture project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Enterprise Architecture project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Enterprise Architecture project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Will Enterprise Architecture have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Audit Software archaeology issues and look at it backwards.
– When a Enterprise Architecture manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Why is Enterprise Architecture important for you now?
– How would one define Enterprise Architecture leadership?
ISO/IEC 42010 Critical Criteria:
Accumulate ISO/IEC 42010 planning and visualize why should people listen to you regarding ISO/IEC 42010.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Enterprise Architecture, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does Enterprise Architecture analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Architecture domain Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Architecture domain risks and finalize the present value of growth of Architecture domain.
Capital Planning and Investment Control Critical Criteria:
Analyze Capital Planning and Investment Control decisions and track iterative Capital Planning and Investment Control results.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Enterprise Architecture in a volatile global economy?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Enterprise Architecture objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Steer Structured analysis engagements and prioritize challenges of Structured analysis.
– Among the Enterprise Architecture product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Will Enterprise Architecture deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Is the scope of Enterprise Architecture defined?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Software design tactics and test out new things.
– What are specific Enterprise Architecture Rules to follow?
Service Oriented Architecture Critical Criteria:
Track Service Oriented Architecture risks and get going.
– In what ways are Enterprise Architecture vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Merge Function model engagements and be persistent.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Enterprise Architecture processes of our organization?
Trygve Reenskaug Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Trygve Reenskaug issues and find the essential reading for Trygve Reenskaug researchers.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Enterprise Architecture process?
Enterprise Architecture Critical Criteria:
Value Enterprise Architecture decisions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Enterprise Architecture projects.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Enterprise Architecture experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Enterprise Architecture effort?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Shape Systems development life cycle leadership and achieve a single Systems development life cycle view and bringing data together.
– Is Enterprise Architecture Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
InterContinental Hotels Group Critical Criteria:
Reorganize InterContinental Hotels Group risks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential InterContinental Hotels Group information.
– What is the purpose of Enterprise Architecture in relation to the mission?
– What threat is Enterprise Architecture addressing?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Talk about Performance management visions and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– Which customers cant participate in our Enterprise Architecture domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are our needs in relation to Enterprise Architecture skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Align Niklaus Wirth adoptions and find answers.
– How do we Improve Enterprise Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Software quality planning and gather Software quality models .
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Enterprise Architecture?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Business architecture governance and catalog Business architecture activities.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Enterprise Architecture activities?
– How is the value delivered by Enterprise Architecture being measured?
IT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over IT infrastructure risks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive IT infrastructure decisions.
– Can we achieve even more efficient utilization of software and hardware within mission systems and IT infrastructure investments?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Enterprise Architecture with what users do day-to-day?
– What IT infrastructure do we have and what do we need to support the future organization needs?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– How to get alignment between business strategy and IT infrastructure?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Reason over Rapid application development governance and finalize specific methods for Rapid application development acceptance.
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project violates particular laws or regulations?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in an organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– Schedule feasibility -can the solution be designed and implemented within an acceptable time?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project can be completed on time?
– What sets of objectives are important to our systems development project?
– Are requirements abstract enough and can they change within limits?
– What is a formalized approach for developing a project schedule?
– How do you measure system effectiveness in your organization?
– What primary problems might a new or enhanced system solve?
– What opportunities might a new or enhanced system provide?
– What are the primary advantages of the traditional sdlc?
– Economic feasibility -is the solution cost-effective?
– Who are the potential users of the new application?
– How can the value of Enterprise Architecture be defined?
– How can you tell when a system is successful ?
– How time-constrained is the project?
– Is the system heavy on computation?
– What are the associated risks?
– What is architected rad?
– Is it applicable?
IT management Critical Criteria:
See the value of IT management planning and catalog IT management activities.
– Have we adopted and promoted the companys culture of integrity management, including ethics, business practices and Human Resources evaluations?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– What information does Configuration Management provide to the it management of an organization?
– Do we monitor the Enterprise Architecture decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How will you know that the Enterprise Architecture project has been successful?
– Are there On-premise it management tools?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Track Software testing management and handle a jump-start course to Software testing.
– Who needs to know about Enterprise Architecture ?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Canvass Software architecture issues and define what do we need to start doing with Software architecture.
– How do we manage Enterprise Architecture Knowledge Management (KM)?
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge decisions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge results.
– Are we Assessing Enterprise Architecture and Risk?
Enterprise architecture framework Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Enterprise architecture framework leadership and finalize the present value of growth of Enterprise architecture framework.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Enterprise Architecture. How do we gain traction?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Risk management goals and revise understanding of Risk management architectures.
– Are findings of enterprise Risk Management deficiencies reported to the individual responsible for the function or activity involved, as well as to at least one level of management above that person?
– How does each element of our Telecommunications (TC) and Data Communications affect the basic structure of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (C.I.A.)?
– If the liability portion of a Cybersecurity insurance policy is a claims-made policy, is an extended reporting endorsement (tail coverage) offered?
– Is there a repeatable reporting process in place across the entities, so results are centrally coordinated, organized, and managed?
– Do you have enough focus on ITRM documentation to help formalize processes to increase communications and integration with ORM?
– Is your organization doing any form of outreach or education on Cybersecurity Risk Management (including the framework)?
– Is our Cybersecurity function appropriately organized, trained, equipped, staffed and funded?
– Hos is the Vendor and its organization reliability, are they following through on promises?
– Are there any threats or vulnerabilities in the environment? Has anything changed in production?
– Is there a clearly defined IT risk appetite that has been successfully implemented?
– Have you identified the number of key positions which should be interviewed for ERM?
– Do you actively monitor regulatory changes for the impact of ITRM?
– What are the best practices for Risk Management in Social Media?
– What can be done to mitigate and reduce risks?
– Have we had a PCI compliance assessment done?
– Has the ERM initiative been mandated by the regulators?
– How often are policies ambiguous or contradictory?
– What is your budget for this initiative?
– Can Enterprise Architecture be learned?
Requirements Engineering Critical Criteria:
Probe Requirements Engineering failures and differentiate in coordinating Requirements Engineering.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Enterprise Architecture processes?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Enterprise Architecture?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Enterprise Architecture? There might be some that are less obvious?
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Architecture of Integrated Information Systems strategies and find out what it really means.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Enterprise Architecture been identified and analyzed?
– What is Effective Enterprise Architecture?
Open-closed principle Critical Criteria:
Frame Open-closed principle strategies and develop and take control of the Open-closed principle initiative.
– Think about the functions involved in your Enterprise Architecture project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Enterprise Architecture objectives?
– What are the business goals Enterprise Architecture is aiming to achieve?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Canvass Software engineering failures and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Software engineering.
– Does Enterprise Architecture include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Aspect-oriented software development failures and cater for concise Aspect-oriented software development education.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Enterprise Architecture process?
QPR Software Critical Criteria:
Experiment with QPR Software quality and work towards be a leading QPR Software expert.
– How do we measure improved Enterprise Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Adapt Watts Humphrey risks and budget for Watts Humphrey challenges.
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Steer Systems engineering adoptions and point out Systems engineering tensions in leadership.
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– How will we know when our design effort has produced a solution which will satisfy the objectives within the constraints?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– What is the detailed set of functions and properties of a given interface?
– What are the elements and the high-level capabilities of the system?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– What are the expectations and limits of the given integration?
– Standards, goals, and appropriate processes been established?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– What is the sequence of activities that will be performed?
– What is the geographic and physical extent of the system?
– Does the requirement have a verification method assigned?
– Are the requirements mapped to one or more user needs?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– Where would we like to be in the future?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– How does it all fit together?
– What are our objectives?
– Right business case?
Data store Critical Criteria:
Value Data store tactics and find answers.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Enterprise Architecture? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Does the software provide fast query performance, either via its own fast in-memory software or by directly connecting to fast data stores?
– Structured versus unstructured: How is the data stored to enable the organization to access and manage the data in the future?
– Does the user have permission to synchronize to the offline data store?
– How does the customer check on the integrity of the data stored there?
– Is sensitive cardholder data stored in cookies secured or encrypted?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Test Knowledge management projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Knowledge management because they lack skills.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Discuss Software maintenance projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Software maintenance results.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– In a project to restructure Enterprise Architecture outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations management and do something to it.
Project portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Match Project portfolio management projects and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Project portfolio management.
– What is project portfolio management?
United States Department of the Interior Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap United States Department of the Interior outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of United States Department of the Interior relationship management.
– what is the best design framework for Enterprise Architecture organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Graph Systems analysis tasks and transcribe Systems analysis as tomorrows backbone for success.
– It is often difficult to explain what is achieved by Systems Analysis and design especially when talking to a user that wants a system tomorrow! why should it take so long to design a system?
– For the system you identified select a process. can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Enterprise Architecture into the services that we provide?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Enterprise Architecture goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Can you think of situations that might fail the technical, organizational, or economic feasibility criteria?
– Can the system actually be made to operate in the organization, or will people resist it?
– What are the principal mechanisms likely to bring about performance improvements?
– Operational feasibility. will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– Do you think users make the final switch to the new system easily?
– How do we practically monitor or measure margin to criticality?
– What are the system analyst s and programmer s roles?
– Who will be involved in the decision making process?
– What means can a project sponsor use to communicate?
– Systems Analysis and design: where is it?
– How will employees react to a new system?
– What are the steering committee s roles?
– What part of the system is working well?
– Which organizational units affected?
– How broad should the analysis be?
– Can something be combined?
Incremental build model Critical Criteria:
Apply Incremental build model visions and assess and formulate effective operational and Incremental build model strategies.
– Is maximizing Enterprise Architecture protection the same as minimizing Enterprise Architecture loss?
IDS Scheer Critical Criteria:
Inquire about IDS Scheer management and find out what it really means.
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Ivar Jacobson goals and learn.
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Canvass Computer science engagements and create Computer science explanations for all managers.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise Architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Integrated Authority File External links:
MEDLARS indexing integrated authority file : chemical section
Integrated Authority File (GND) – Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
MEDLARS indexing: integrated authority file
Architectural pattern External links:
Beauty and the Brick: Architectural Pattern Books
Is MVC a Design Pattern or Architectural pattern
Real Story Group External links:
Real Story Group (@realstorygroup) | Twitter
2018 Predictions for Digital Leaders | Blog | Real Story Group
Real Story Group – Home | Facebook
Enterprise Architect External links:
Enterprise Architect, IT Salary – PayScale
Certifications – Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Service-oriented modeling External links:
SERVICE-ORIENTED MODELING – AN ANALYTICAL …
Service-Oriented Modeling Framework™ (SOMF™) >>> …
Software quality assurance External links:
[PDF]Software Quality Assurance Plan – US Department of …
Software Quality Assurance Plan | Department of Energy
Software Quality Assurance Engineer Job Description
System Architect External links:
Apr 11, 2013 · Download System Architect for free. Cross-platform System Architecting tool; ERD (logical/physical), SQL editor, and UML.
UNICOM Systems TeamBLUE :: System Architect®
System Architect Essentials | Pega Academy
Iterative and incremental development External links:
Iterative and incremental development – YouTube
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Danese Cooper External links:
Danese Cooper | Flickr
Danese Cooper (@DivaDanese) | Twitter
Danese Cooper – Google+
Software deployment External links:
Ultimate Software Deployment Checklist & Deployment Plan
Software Deployment – PC Power Management – IT …
Software Deployment Testing – University of Nevada, Reno
International Institute of Business Analysis External links:
[PDF]International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA
International Institute of Business Analysis – Official Site
International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) – Facebook
Unified Process External links:
When should we use Rational Unified Process? – Quora
(Rational) Unified Process vs Waterfall Model – Stack Overflow
The Rational Unified Process for testers – IBM
Software development process External links:
Software Development Process Flashcards | Quizlet
Federal Enterprise Architecture External links:
Federal Enterprise Architecture – George W. Bush
[PDF]Federal Enterprise Architecture Records Management …
Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) | The White House
Spiral model External links:
Boehm’s Spiral Model Flashcards | Quizlet
SDLC Spiral Model – Tutorials Point
Business transformation External links:
Office of Business Transformation
Certified Life Coach | Business Transformation Strategist
Business process External links:
Canon Business Process Services
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Formal methods External links:
NASA Langley Formal Methods • Team
United States Government External links:
The United States Government Configuration Baseline …
[PDF]4145 United States Government Application Cover Page
Publication 102, Sales to the United States Government
Sparx Systems External links:
Sparx Systems – UML 2 Tutorial – State Machine Diagram
Brisbane Sparx Systems EA SIG (Brisbane, Australia) | Meetup
Software archaeology External links:
Digging code: Software archaeology – TechRepublic
Software Archaeology | CSIAC
ISO/IEC 42010 External links:
Conceptual Framework for ISO/IEC 42010:2007 – IEEE …
“ISO/IEC 42010” on Revolvy.com
ISO/IEC 42010:2007 | IEC Webstore
Architecture domain External links:
W3C Architecture Domain [Closed]
Capital Planning and Investment Control External links:
Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) is the Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) primary process for making investment decisions, assessing investment process effectiveness, and refining investment related policies and procedures.
eCPIC – Electronic Capital Planning and Investment Control
Software design External links:
The Nerdery | Custom Software Design and Development
Custom Software Design & Development | FrogSlayer
Web and Mobile Software Design, Development, and Support
Function model External links:
Mouse Population function model? | Yahoo Answers
The Delta Function Model of a Crystal
Enterprise Architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Systems development life cycle External links:
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Chapter 5
The Systems Development Life Cycle
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE – PCC
InterContinental Hotels Group External links:
InterContinental Hotels Group – IHG
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC
InterContinental Hotels Group – IHG
Performance management External links:
Reviewsnap – Performance Management Software For …
Performance Management Reports – CA State Parks
OKRs and Continuous Performance Management | 7Geese
Niklaus Wirth External links:
Niklaus Wirth on Teaching Computer Science – YouTube
Niklaus Wirth | Alec Nevala-Lee
Niklaus Wirth Quotes – BrainyQuote
Software quality External links:
iSQI (International Software Quality Institute)
15-1199.01 – Software Quality Assurance Engineers and …
What does a Software Quality Assurance Engineer do?
Business architecture External links:
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
IT infrastructure External links:
What is IT Infrastructure? – Definition from Techopedia
Chef – Automate IT Infrastructure | Chef
Rapid application development External links:
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
Zoho Creator: A platform for rapid application development.
Quick Base Blog | Low Code Rapid Application Development
IT management External links:
Continuum: IT Management, BDR and RMM Software Built …
mindSHIFT’s Total IT Management Web Portal
World leading IT management courses – IT Leaders US
Software testing External links:
Software Testing, Monitoring, Developer Tools | SmartBear
Software Testing for Professionals | Visual Studio
Software Testing Tutorial – tutorialspoint.com
Software architecture External links:
Software Architecture | Overview
Software Architecture & Design | Udacity
Chapter 1: What is Software Architecture?
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge External links:
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge – Contact
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge (EABOK)
Enterprise architecture framework External links:
TOGAF as an Enterprise Architecture Framework
Enterprise Architecture Framework – EA Masterclass
Risk management External links:
Driver Risk Management Solutions | AlertDriving
Risk Management – ue.org
Education Risk Management | Edu Risk Solutions
Requirements Engineering External links:
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – NIST
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems External links:
[PDF]ARIS – Architecture of Integrated Information Systems
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems – YouTube
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Services
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Codesmith | Software Engineering & Machine Learning
QPR Software External links:
QPR Software – Home | Facebook
QPR Software – YouTube
QPR1V:Helsinki Stock Quote – QPR Software OYJ – …
Watts Humphrey External links:
George Watts Humphrey Jr. – Wealth-X Dossier
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
Watts Humphrey: An Outrageous Commitment, A Lifelong …
Systems engineering External links:
Industrial, Manufacturing and Systems Engineering
Biological Systems Engineering | Washington State University
DoD Systems Engineering – Guidance & Tools
Data store External links:
HIPAA Compliant API & Secure Data Store – TrueVault
NETR Property Data Store
About NETR Property Data Store Products – NETROnline.com
Knowledge management External links:
KA Connect 2018 – A Knowledge Management Conference …
Set up knowledge management in Microsoft Dynamics 365
Home | Center for Knowledge Management
Software maintenance External links:
Salon Iris Updates | Download Software Maintenance
Project portfolio management External links:
Service & Project Portfolio Management Platform | …
Eclipse Project Portfolio Management – Login
VHSS-Project Portfolio Management – CDT Services
United States Department of the Interior External links:
[PDF]UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR …
[PDF]UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR …
Systems analysis External links:
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
Incremental build model External links:
Incremental build model – YouTube
Incremental Build model | COMPLEX TESTER
Incremental build model by John Brock on Prezi
IDS Scheer External links:
IDS Scheer Acquires Bristlecone’s Supply Chain …
www.Ids-scheer.it | Ids-scheer – IDS Scheer Consulting
Ivar Jacobson External links:
The Essence of Software Engineering: Applying the SEMAT Kernel [Ivar Jacobson, Pan-Wei Ng, Paul E. McMahon, Ian Spence, Svante …
Ivar Jacobson International
Ivar Jacobson International | Facebook
Computer science External links:
Purdue University – Department of Computer Science
Computer Science and Engineering
Department of Computer Science – Old Dominion University