What is involved in jidoka
Find out what the related areas are that jidoka connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a jidoka thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its jidoka journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward jidoka leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which jidoka related domains to cover and 64 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
jidoka, Autonomation, Automation, Autonomous, Just In Time, Kaizen, Overproduction, Poka-yoke, Portmanteau, Radical, Sakichi Toyoda, Shigeo Shingo, Sino-Japanese vocabulary, Taiichi Ohno, Toyota Production System:
jidoka Critical Criteria:
Substantiate jidoka goals and oversee jidoka management by competencies.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of jidoka into the services that we provide?
– Is maximizing jidoka protection the same as minimizing jidoka loss?
– How do we Identify specific jidoka investment and emerging trends?
Autonomation Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Autonomation results and get the big picture.
– Think of your jidoka project. what are the main functions?
– What are all of our jidoka domains and what do they do?
– Are there recognized jidoka problems?
Automation Critical Criteria:
Read up on Automation management and check on ways to get started with Automation.
– Why is it the case that crm sfa sales force automation and hr systems are moving to cloud while scm manufacturing financial packages or systems are not moving to cloud?
– When the engineering team is satisfied, and pushes the new features to a full automation run, including load testing, how long does it take to declare the service ready to use?
– Are your current project management and time and expense capture applications outdated and expensive to update and maintain?
– To what extent do innovations fail to diffuse because the necessary supportive arrangements could not coalesce?
– What is your company doing to take advantage of automation to improve data & information integrity?
– Do you have a high level of process automation connecting your it asset and service management?
– Review some ways to effectively answer the question: is there a way to get the price down?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– What professional service is being requested as qualified consultants to provide services?
– Do you need guidance for an effective implementation of your new solution?
– What factors are transforming the professional services industry?
– Does the regulatory framework support trade liberalization?
– Do I charge the same fees for public and private clients?
– How can we improve the responsiveness of service?
– Have you or are you planning to expand globally?
– What are the explicit barriers?
– Can you get the price down?
Autonomous Critical Criteria:
Track Autonomous engagements and mentor Autonomous customer orientation.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic jidoka objectives?
– Does our organization need more jidoka education?
– Have all basic functions of jidoka been defined?
Just In Time Critical Criteria:
Refer to Just In Time tactics and describe which business rules are needed as Just In Time interface.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing jidoka? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the jidoka process?
– How important is jidoka to the user organizations mission?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Kaizen engagements and devote time assessing Kaizen and its risk.
– Do the jidoka decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Have you identified your jidoka key performance indicators?
– Is there any existing jidoka governance structure?
Overproduction Critical Criteria:
Read up on Overproduction goals and overcome Overproduction skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do we know that any jidoka analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who sets the jidoka standards?
Poka-yoke Critical Criteria:
Study Poka-yoke governance and look at it backwards.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of jidoka activities?
– How do we manage jidoka Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are our jidoka Processes?
Portmanteau Critical Criteria:
Confer over Portmanteau goals and differentiate in coordinating Portmanteau.
– What are the business goals jidoka is aiming to achieve?
– Is a jidoka Team Work effort in place?
Radical Critical Criteria:
Recall Radical adoptions and figure out ways to motivate other Radical users.
– How easy will it be to shift the hearts and minds of the people working on projects? Some organizations by their very nature are conservative, whilst others are quite radical. Incorrectly identifying the prevailing attitudes towards agile will result in poor take-up or even rejection of any new practices.
– What is, really, the difference between development and innovation, i.e. how big or radical do changes have to be to warrant the label innovation ?
– Are you allowing creative liberty and time for senior leaders to explore the radical transformative impact of blockchain technology?
– What are the disruptive jidoka technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our jidoka agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– What are current jidoka Paradigms?
– Do we have past jidoka Successes?
Sakichi Toyoda Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Sakichi Toyoda results and tour deciding if Sakichi Toyoda progress is made.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed jidoka opportunities costing us money?
Shigeo Shingo Critical Criteria:
Systematize Shigeo Shingo adoptions and explain and analyze the challenges of Shigeo Shingo.
– What are the key elements of your jidoka performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a jidoka project?
– Does jidoka analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Sino-Japanese vocabulary Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Sino-Japanese vocabulary tasks and maintain Sino-Japanese vocabulary for success.
– How will you know that the jidoka project has been successful?
– Does the jidoka task fit the clients priorities?
– Are there jidoka Models?
Taiichi Ohno Critical Criteria:
Systematize Taiichi Ohno decisions and triple focus on important concepts of Taiichi Ohno relationship management.
– What is the total cost related to deploying jidoka, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we Improve jidoka service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is the scope of jidoka defined?
Toyota Production System Critical Criteria:
Chart Toyota Production System adoptions and change contexts.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for jidoka strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How to Secure jidoka?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the jidoka Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
jidoka External links:
Jidoka – Creative Safety Supply
Lesson 8: Jidoka Flashcards | Quizlet
Jidoka in the Lean Lexicon
Automation External links:
Smart Home Automation | Savant
Home Automation and Smart Home Systems | Control4
Autonomous External links:
Legal – Autonomous
Autonomous Languages – AbeBooks
Autonomous Weapons: An Update – Lawfire
Just In Time External links:
Just in Time – AbeBooks
Just In Time Medicine
Just in Time (1997) – IMDb
Kaizen External links:
Lean Products, 5S Supplies, Kaizen Training | Enna.com
When and how to use kaizen events – Reliable Plant
The Kaizen Way to Wellness | Dr. Tomas Hemgren
Overproduction External links:
overproduction – Thesaurus.com | Synonyms and …
Overproduction | Define Overproduction at Dictionary.com
Poka-yoke External links:
[PDF]Poka-Yoke Presentation for ASQ
[PPT]Mistake Proofing & Poka-yoke – landp.com.au
Poka-Yoke (DVD video, 2008) [WorldCat.org]
Portmanteau External links:
Portmanteau | Definition of Portmanteau by Merriam-Webster
portmanteau – Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
Portmanteau | Define Portmanteau at Dictionary.com
Radical External links:
Radical Candor – Develop as a Leader and Empower Your …
Radical Personal Finance | Your Guide to Financial Freedom
Sakichi Toyoda External links:
The Story of Sakichi Toyoda | Toyota Industries Corporation
5 Whys Method and Sakichi Toyoda – Prezi
BIOGRAFIA DE SAKICHI TOYODA by monika valencia on Prezi
Shigeo Shingo External links:
Shigeo Shingo – Quality Gurus
SHIGEO SHINGO ~ SUS APORTES – YouTube
Shigeo Shingo Quotes – Lean Six Sigma Belgium
Sino-Japanese vocabulary External links:
Sino-Japanese Vocabulary – liquisearch.com
What rhymes with sino-japanese vocabulary?
What does sino-japanese vocabulary mean? – definitions
Taiichi Ohno External links:
Taiichi Ohno: Grand-Daddy of Quality – …
Taiichi Ohno | The Economist
Toyota Production System External links:
Toyota Production System (TPS) Terminology
[PDF]TOYOTA PRODUCTION SYSTEM BASIC …
Lean Manufacturing and the Toyota Production System