What is involved in Infrastructure Services
Find out what the related areas are that Infrastructure Services connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Infrastructure Services thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Infrastructure Services journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Infrastructure Services leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Infrastructure Services related domains to cover and 335 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Infrastructure Services, Capacity management, Corporate governance of information technology, Demand management, Business Information Services Library, Program management, Deming Cycle, ITIL/service design package, Performance engineering, Change management, IT Service Management Forum, Help desk, Application Management, Request Fulfillment, Tertiary support level, Configuration management system, Service Desk, Knowledge management, Computer network, Problem Management, Corrective and preventive action, Call for bids, RACI matrix, Service Level Agreement, Goal setting, Primary support level, Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency, Business Process Framework, Application Performance Management, Computer security, Access and Identity Management, Service portfolio management, The Stationery Office, Identity management, Configuration item, Granular configuration automation, ISO/IEC 20000, Service catalog, Underpinning contract, Service-level agreement, Agile software development, ICT infrastructure, Information and Communication Technology, ISO/IEC 27001, Service level requirement, Business case, TM Forum, Project management, Tudor IT Process Assessment, Point of contact, Business Service Management, Financial management for IT services, Cabinet Office, Information and communication technologies, Six Sigma, RPR problem diagnosis, Economic efficiency, Microsoft Operations Framework, Business relationship management, Service level, Secondary support level, Release management, Software asset management, Event Management, IBM Tivoli Unified Process:
Infrastructure Services Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Infrastructure Services adoptions and spearhead techniques for implementing Infrastructure Services.
– Are there internal organizational issues to address to increase our comfort level with using shared infrastructure services?
– Is there a Infrastructure Services Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Infrastructure Services project manager?
– How do we Improve Infrastructure Services service perception, and satisfaction?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Capacity management planning and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Is maximizing Infrastructure Services protection the same as minimizing Infrastructure Services loss?
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– Does Infrastructure Services analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What vendors make products that address the Infrastructure Services needs?
Corporate governance of information technology Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Corporate governance of information technology tasks and differentiate in coordinating Corporate governance of information technology.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Infrastructure Services processes?
– Do those selected for the Infrastructure Services team have a good general understanding of what Infrastructure Services is all about?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Infrastructure Services requirements in detail?
Demand management Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Demand management decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Demand management.
– Think about the functions involved in your Infrastructure Services project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– Is your organization considering or implementing the concept of DevOps?
– How can the value of Infrastructure Services be defined?
Business Information Services Library Critical Criteria:
Value Business Information Services Library engagements and innovate what needs to be done with Business Information Services Library.
– What are all of our Infrastructure Services domains and what do they do?
– What will drive Infrastructure Services change?
Program management Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Program management tasks and stake your claim.
– During any stage of the program, has a weakness been identified in key policies or their implementation which could be addressed?
– Have people who have had contact with the program sought further information or expressed interest in it or its activities?
– What are the costs and benefits (direct and indirect) of allocating resources to modify the program?
– What quality control measures will be used to ensure the program progresses as planned?
– Is there a logical relationship between the program goals, objectives and strategies?
– How can middle or senior management support for sustaining the program be achieved?
– Can you read a group of managers, and know what they are thinking and feeling?
– How do you protect your manager and yourself when a project is off the tracks?
– How much time and other resources will be required to market the program?
– Are any of the findings or recommendations of interest to the media?
– Are the evaluation findings being communicated to the target group?
– What are the disadvantages of proceeding with the planned program?
– To what extent is an immediate adjustment or decision possible?
– Are memos being forwarded and program files kept up-to-date?
– What are the opportunity costs for conducting the program?
– Does the program plan include a communication strategy?
– Is the program running on, or close to, the time frame?
– What tasks are required to implement each strategy?
– Why Program Management guidelines?
– When will the data be collected?
Deming Cycle Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Deming Cycle tactics and mentor Deming Cycle customer orientation.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Infrastructure Services delivery for example is new software needed?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Infrastructure Services effort?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Infrastructure Services move?
ITIL/service design package Critical Criteria:
Accumulate ITIL/service design package results and assess what counts with ITIL/service design package that we are not counting.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Infrastructure Services models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the disruptive Infrastructure Services technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Consult on Performance engineering leadership and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Performance engineering projects.
– How can you negotiate Infrastructure Services successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Do Infrastructure Services rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How can we improve Infrastructure Services?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Change management risks and handle a jump-start course to Change management.
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Does Infrastructure Services include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Has the team ensured that key cultural barriers (e.g., training and skills required for new jobs, entrenched culture, incompatible support structures, fear of downsizing) are addressed in its Change Management strategy?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Infrastructure Services strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Have all the major Change Management issues associated with the preferred alternative been identified and discussed?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– When and how is Change Management used on a project?
– Who are the leaders in a Change Management process?
– When is Change Management used on a project?
– When to start Change Management?
IT Service Management Forum Critical Criteria:
Give examples of IT Service Management Forum issues and pay attention to the small things.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Infrastructure Services process?
Help desk Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Help desk leadership and gather Help desk models .
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– How will you know that the Infrastructure Services project has been successful?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Do we know the number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– Are assumptions made in Infrastructure Services stated explicitly?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– What are the short and long-term Infrastructure Services goals?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Help desk password resets easily measured (specific number?
– Number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– How does the help desk authenticate callers?
Application Management Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Application Management failures and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Application Management projects.
– Will Infrastructure Services deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Request Fulfillment Critical Criteria:
Recall Request Fulfillment leadership and separate what are the business goals Request Fulfillment is aiming to achieve.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Infrastructure Services been identified and analyzed?
– Are accountability and ownership for Infrastructure Services clearly defined?
– What about Infrastructure Services Analysis of results?
Tertiary support level Critical Criteria:
Steer Tertiary support level risks and display thorough understanding of the Tertiary support level process.
– Why is Infrastructure Services important for you now?
– Is Infrastructure Services Required?
Configuration management system Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Configuration management system management and handle a jump-start course to Configuration management system.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Infrastructure Services does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What exactly are the required characteristics of a Configuration Management system for managing dynamic change?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Infrastructure Services agendas for the next 3 years?
Service Desk Critical Criteria:
Drive Service Desk adoptions and display thorough understanding of the Service Desk process.
– Why is Customer Service and helpdesks so undervalued given that this is a core part of branding and growth i e The head of the Service Desk is not a CxO level title?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on itil principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on ITIL principles?
– What are the business goals Infrastructure Services is aiming to achieve?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– How does mobility improve our organizations service desk effectiveness?
– What are valid performance indicators for the service desk?
– What are internal and external Infrastructure Services relations?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– Why a service desk?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Detail Knowledge management risks and define Knowledge management competency-based leadership.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Infrastructure Services values?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Infrastructure Services project?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Infrastructure Services objectives?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Look at Computer network projects and point out Computer network tensions in leadership.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Infrastructure Services in a volatile global economy?
– Will Infrastructure Services have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– How do we Lead with Infrastructure Services in Mind?
Problem Management Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Problem Management leadership and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Problem Management.
– Do the Infrastructure Services decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What is a key activity in problem management?
Corrective and preventive action Critical Criteria:
Focus on Corrective and preventive action adoptions and oversee Corrective and preventive action management by competencies.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Infrastructure Services product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Infrastructure Services that make it risky?
– Are appropriate corrective and preventive actions taken?
Call for bids Critical Criteria:
Depict Call for bids issues and look in other fields.
– Which customers cant participate in our Infrastructure Services domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are our Infrastructure Services Processes?
RACI matrix Critical Criteria:
Meet over RACI matrix tasks and look at it backwards.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Infrastructure Services goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What is the purpose of Infrastructure Services in relation to the mission?
– Are there Infrastructure Services Models?
Service Level Agreement Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Service Level Agreement adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Service Level Agreement.
– Are the contracts with vendors current, and does it include and appropriate Service Level Agreements?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– What are some examples of Service Level Agreements used by saas companies and or products?
– How will the agreement be terminated at the end of the initial term of the SLA?
– What business benefits will Infrastructure Services goals deliver if achieved?
– What actions will be taken in the event of a serious disruption?
– What are the current Service Level Agreements for break/fix?
– What are the costs to the business customer for the service?
– Is your firm willing to commit to Service Level Agreements?
– What are the physical location requirements for each copy?
– Do we have Data Protection Service Level Agreements?
– What is the purpose of a IT Service Level Agreement?
– What Support/applications are included in this SLA?
– Are there Data Dependencies or Consistency Groups?
– How will incidents be documented or logged?
– What will it take to make it work?
– What systems are supported?
– What services are provided?
– Who prepares the SLA?
Goal setting Critical Criteria:
Infer Goal setting decisions and assess what counts with Goal setting that we are not counting.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Infrastructure Services. How do we gain traction?
– Who needs to know about Infrastructure Services ?
Primary support level Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Primary support level projects and cater for concise Primary support level education.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Infrastructure Services is underway?
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency and constraints.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Infrastructure Services process?
– How would one define Infrastructure Services leadership?
Business Process Framework Critical Criteria:
Consider Business Process Framework issues and achieve a single Business Process Framework view and bringing data together.
– Can we add value to the current Infrastructure Services decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Application Performance Management Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Application Performance Management planning and find answers.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Infrastructure Services activities?
– Can we do Infrastructure Services without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How much does Infrastructure Services help?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Computer security management and get out your magnifying glass.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– In a project to restructure Infrastructure Services outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are our needs in relation to Infrastructure Services skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Access and Identity Management Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Access and Identity Management issues and overcome Access and Identity Management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Infrastructure Services leader?
Service portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Service portfolio management quality and achieve a single Service portfolio management view and bringing data together.
– What are the key elements of your Infrastructure Services performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– In what ways are Infrastructure Services vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Why should we adopt a Infrastructure Services framework?
The Stationery Office Critical Criteria:
Infer The Stationery Office quality and know what your objective is.
– Are we Assessing Infrastructure Services and Risk?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Identity management engagements and look at the big picture.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Infrastructure Services project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Configuration item Critical Criteria:
Apply Configuration item goals and change contexts.
– A Configuration Management database (cmdb) can contain different configuration items (cis). Which items would not normally be regarded as a ci?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Infrastructure Services strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– During release, do the configuration items used match with the latest version indicated in baseline record?
– Are all requested changes to the configuration items assessed, processed and tracked?
– How important is Infrastructure Services to the user organizations mission?
– What: selection of configuration items (what should be managed?
– Are the relationships between configuration items established?
– Which of the entities should be configuration items?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– How will configuration items be identified?
– How will configuration items be controlled?
Granular configuration automation Critical Criteria:
Categorize Granular configuration automation visions and describe the risks of Granular configuration automation sustainability.
– To what extent does management recognize Infrastructure Services as a tool to increase the results?
ISO/IEC 20000 Critical Criteria:
Reorganize ISO/IEC 20000 quality and arbitrate ISO/IEC 20000 techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Infrastructure Services processes?
– How do we measure improved Infrastructure Services service perception, and satisfaction?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
Service catalog Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Service catalog results and explore and align the progress in Service catalog.
– What other departments, besides it, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– Does your service catalog actually have pricing in it?
– How do we go about Securing Infrastructure Services?
– Do we have past Infrastructure Services Successes?
Underpinning contract Critical Criteria:
Value Underpinning contract failures and triple focus on important concepts of Underpinning contract relationship management.
– How likely is the current Infrastructure Services plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is Infrastructure Services Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Trace Service-level agreement outcomes and devise Service-level agreement key steps.
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Infrastructure Services project?
– Do we all define Infrastructure Services in the same way?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Confer re Agile software development goals and secure Agile software development creativity.
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– How can agile software development be utilized when the development is done in several different locations instead of one site?
– How can we fix actual and perceived problems uncovered in ethnographic investigations of Agile software development teams?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– How do you know when the software will be finished if theres no up-front plan?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– Which is really software best practice, CMM or agile development?
– what is the difference between Agile Development and Lean UX?
– Complexity: an appropriate framework for development?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– Will the team be populated by stakeholders?
– What type of system is being developed?
– When should we not use it?
– How much modeling to do?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
ICT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Meet over ICT infrastructure decisions and drive action.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Infrastructure Services information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Information and Communication Technology Critical Criteria:
Apply Information and Communication Technology tasks and create Information and Communication Technology explanations for all managers.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Infrastructure Services, including any consulting or professional services?
ISO/IEC 27001 Critical Criteria:
Accelerate ISO/IEC 27001 decisions and point out improvements in ISO/IEC 27001.
– How can you measure Infrastructure Services in a systematic way?
Service level requirement Critical Criteria:
Graph Service level requirement leadership and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Service level requirement decisions.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Infrastructure Services process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Infrastructure Services process available?
– Which Infrastructure Services goals are the most important?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Business case outcomes and acquire concise Business case education.
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– Does our organization need more Infrastructure Services education?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– Right business case?
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on TM Forum tasks and get going.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Infrastructure Services moving forward?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Project management issues and test out new things.
– Does it replace or negate traditional project management concerns with risk, scheduling, metrics, and execution, or does it shift how we think about these and necessitate new techniques and approaches?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– Are there contextual conditions, such as the size of the project or nature of the task, that signal a better fit for agile versus traditional project management approaches?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What did you accomplish yesterday, what will you do today, and what impediments are getting in your way?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– Why would anyone want to discard the benefits of collocated teams?
– Why are project management models not used in maintenance?
– So, how does the agile project management model work?
– that is fine as far as it goes, but does this scale?
– What is Turnkey Operation in Project Management?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– How do we deal with change when it happens?
– How do we minimize impact and cost?
Tudor IT Process Assessment Critical Criteria:
Reason over Tudor IT Process Assessment decisions and prioritize challenges of Tudor IT Process Assessment.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Infrastructure Services project?
Point of contact Critical Criteria:
Steer Point of contact tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Point of contact because they lack skills.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Infrastructure Services?
– Is the scope of Infrastructure Services defined?
Business Service Management Critical Criteria:
Look at Business Service Management results and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Business Service Management projects.
– Is Infrastructure Services dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Financial management for IT services Critical Criteria:
Guard Financial management for IT services projects and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Financial management for IT services services.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Infrastructure Services? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What is our Infrastructure Services Strategy?
Cabinet Office Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Cabinet Office goals and interpret which customers can’t participate in Cabinet Office because they lack skills.
– Is there any existing Infrastructure Services governance structure?
Information and communication technologies Critical Criteria:
Value Information and communication technologies leadership and oversee Information and communication technologies requirements.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Infrastructure Services with what users do day-to-day?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Six Sigma tactics and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Six Sigma services.
– In the case of a Infrastructure Services project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Infrastructure Services project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Infrastructure Services project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
RPR problem diagnosis Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on RPR problem diagnosis visions and explore and align the progress in RPR problem diagnosis.
– How do we maintain Infrastructure Servicess Integrity?
Economic efficiency Critical Criteria:
Look at Economic efficiency projects and research ways can we become the Economic efficiency company that would put us out of business.
– Who will provide the final approval of Infrastructure Services deliverables?
– How will you measure your Infrastructure Services effectiveness?
Microsoft Operations Framework Critical Criteria:
Survey Microsoft Operations Framework management and check on ways to get started with Microsoft Operations Framework.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Infrastructure Services processes of our organization?
Business relationship management Critical Criteria:
Infer Business relationship management outcomes and overcome Business relationship management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Do the sponsors of the alliance meet at least twice a year in facetoface meetings to review alliance progress and strategic relevance?
– How is personal interaction intertwined with the management of customer relationships in the project business?
– Do you have a jointly developed partnership agreement in addition to any contractual agreements you may have?
– What organizational and collective benefits will be gained from setting up an partnership arrangement?
– Does the potential supplier possess economic power which it is willing to employ over its customers?
– Is the organization comfortable with the level of risk associated with reducing the supply base?
– What new competencies do you need to develop to help transition into a BRM role?
– Is the organization proud to be aligned and associated with the supplier?
– How do enterprise systems help businesses achieve operational excellence?
– How cost-effective are your distribution and order management processes?
– Are both supplier and buyer aligned in their respective visions?
– How well did we support each other outside of the partnership?
– How well are you able to provide consistent service delivery?
– How are Business Value and BRM effectiveness Measured?
– What are the Strategic Elements of a Relationship?
– Are some suppliers strategic to your business?
– Will joining an exchange force restructuring?
– Is relationship strategy essential?
– What to report on and what not to?
– Will we face channel conflicts?
Service level Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Service level goals and balance specific methods for improving Service level results.
– If SLAs are already negotiated and reference the Catalogue for documentation of the service levels, how do you change service level in the Catalogue without renegotiating the SLA?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– What are the most preferred dedicated or cloud hosting providers giving managed services in their core plans?
– What is the impact of changing my suppliers and/or their SLAs on my capabilities to meet my SLAs?
– How will the service provider monitor or track and report on performance?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– Are there encryption requirements, especially of off-line copies?
– How will unplanned incidents be prevented or reduced?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– Have we included Green IT goals in the defined service levels?
– What services are NOT included in this SLA?
– How to quantify the system security?
– What services are NOT included?
– What is it going to take?
– What is In Scope?
Secondary support level Critical Criteria:
Systematize Secondary support level issues and revise understanding of Secondary support level architectures.
Release management Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Release management decisions and define Release management competency-based leadership.
– Information/context awareness: how can a developer/participant restore awareness in project activity after having been offline for a few hours, days, or weeks?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– How is release management for new application services integrated with your itsm capabilities?
– What will happen to the software configuration of a customer, when she updates a certain component?
– Does it Improve the production readiness and quality of your application code?
– Does it Eliminate lengthy email threads trying to achieve change approval?
– Is it possible to get a quality product out of this design process?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– What to build, how to build it, build it, and is it built right?
– Do you have existing automation or deployment tools?
– When should technology be recycled & re-used ?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– Every design decision is technical, or not?
– Does Agile Release Management Work in Real Life?
– Can you Reduce your release window by 90%?
– How are changes managed?
Software asset management Critical Criteria:
Own Software asset management tactics and slay a dragon.
– What is our formula for success in Infrastructure Services ?
– What threat is Infrastructure Services addressing?
Event Management Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Event Management engagements and pay attention to the small things.
IBM Tivoli Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Guard IBM Tivoli Unified Process outcomes and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential IBM Tivoli Unified Process information.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Infrastructure Services Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Infrastructure Services External links:
Cloud Computing Infrastructure Services | ProfitBricks
Enterprise Infrastructure Services
IT Infrastructure Services | Accenture
Capacity management External links:
Hospital Capacity Management Solutions from McKesson
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
[PDF]TITLE: CAPACITY MANAGEMENT PLAN …
Demand management External links:
System Dashboard – JIRA – Demand Management
[PPT]DEMAND MANAGEMENT – deu.edu.tr – Ki??isel Sayfalar
California Efficiency + Demand Management Council
Program management External links:
Tuition Assistance Program Management | EdAssist
tpmrisk.com – Total Program Management
Projectmates Construction Program Management Software
Deming Cycle External links:
[PDF]Deming Cycle – websukat.com
Deming Cycle – Everything2.com
Deming Cycle, PDCA | iSixSigma
Performance engineering External links:
KPE Korkar Performance Engineering
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
Change management External links:
DCCA Change Management
Change Management Consulting Firm | Clerestory Consulting
The Change Compass – Change Management Heat Map
IT Service Management Forum External links:
itSMF Serbia – Društvo IT Service Management Forum …
IT Service Management Forum – Yell.com
Help desk External links:
Help Desk – Helpdesk Software Login
ND University System Help Desk | NDUS CTS
Application Management External links:
Application Management – Admissions Home
Application Management – Concord University
Request Fulfillment External links:
Service Request Fulfillment Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Request Fulfillment questions | ServiceNow Community
Configuration management system External links:
RAVE Configuration Management System
Service Desk External links:
Welcome to BMC Service Desk Express
CA Service Desk Manager – Login
CUNA Service Desk
Knowledge management External links:
A hub for technical knowledge management. — NDCAC
Home | Center for Knowledge Management
Knowledge Management System – Login
Computer network External links:
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
Problem Management External links:
ITIL Problem Management | When “Incidents” are Problems
HDI Problem Management Professional | FUSION 17
Problem Management | ServiceNow
Corrective and preventive action External links:
[PDF]Corrective and Preventive Action – Background & …
Corrective and preventive action
http://Corrective and preventive action (CAPA, also called corrective action / preventive action, or simply corrective action) are improvements to an organization’s processes taken to eliminate causes of non-conformities or other undesirable situations. CAPA is a concept within good manufacturing practice (GMP), and numerous ISO business standards.
[PDF]Corrective and Preventive Action Basics
Call for bids External links:
City of Renton Call for Bids
[PDF]NOTICE AND CALL FOR BIDS TOWN OF GILBERT, …
RFP, RFQ, Call for Bids – Kendall County, Illinois
RACI matrix External links:
[XLS]RACI Matrix – Medicaid 1115 Waiver, Texas Region 10 RHP
[XLS]RACI Matrix – cdn.tidyform.com
[XLS]RACI Matrix: Requirements Phase
Service Level Agreement External links:
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Clinical Programs …
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
FMS Service Level Agreement Metric Reporting | …
Goal setting External links:
inkWELL Press | 2018 Goal Setting Weekly Planner and …
Goal Setting the Smart Way | DaveRamsey.com
Strides: Goal & Habit Tracker + SMART Goal Setting App
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency External links:
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency – …
Business Process Framework External links:
Product Documentation for Business Process Framework
Application Performance Management External links:
Application Performance Management | TraceView
AppOptics – Application Performance Management | …
[PDF]Application Performance Management 9.x …
Computer security External links:
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
NIH Computer Security Awareness Course
Computer Security | Consumer Information
Access and Identity Management External links:
Access and Identity Management Solutions | Microsoft
Service portfolio management External links:
Service Portfolio Management – Optimizing IT Business …
Identity management External links:
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
Identity Management Software & SSO Solutions – Avatier
Intrado Identity Management Self-Service :: Log In
Configuration item External links:
Configuration items in Service Manager | Microsoft Docs
ISO/IEC 20000 External links:
ISO/IEC 20000. (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
ISO/IEC 20000 Training – Online Programming Classes
http://ISO/IEC 20000 is the first international standard for IT service management. It was developed in 2005, by ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 and revised in 2011. It is based on and intended to supersede the earlier BS 15000 that was developed by BSI Group.
Service catalog External links:
Service Catalog – Manhattan College
Service Catalogue Hierarchy Title | Ivanti User Community
[PDF]Service Catalog Description – itsm.info
http://www.itsm.info/ITSM Service Catalog.pdf
Underpinning contract External links:
What Is an Underpinning Contract? | eHow
what is Underpinning contract ? | ServiceNow Community
Agile software development External links:
Stride | Agile Software Development Consultancy | NYC
Big Room Studios | Agile Software Development Company
Mobile Apps, Digital Products, Agile Software Development
ICT infrastructure External links:
What is ICT Infrastructure | IGI Global
ISO/IEC 27001 External links:
http://ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is an information security standard that was published on the 25th September 2013. It supersedes ISO/IEC 27001:2005, and is published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) under the joint ISO and IEC subcommittee, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27.
BSI Training – ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer
ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security | BSI America
Service level requirement External links:
Service level requirement
http://In Software Development / IT, a Service Level Requirement (SLR) is a broad statement from a customer to a service provider describing their service expectations. A service provider prepares a service level agreement (SLA) based on the requirements from the customer. For example: A customer may require a server be operational (uptime) for 99.95% of the year excluding maintenance.
Business case External links:
How to write a business case – Reference from WhatIs.com
What is business case? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Business Case Template – MyManagementGuide.com
TM Forum External links:
Home | TM Forum Digital Transformation ME
TM Forum Live (May 2018), Nice France – Trade Show
Home | TM Forum Live
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
InEight | Construction Project Management Software
Tudor IT Process Assessment External links:
Tudor IT Process Assessment – Revolvy
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Tudor IT Process Assessment
Tudor IT Process Assessment – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Tudor IT Process Assessment
Point of contact External links:
One Point of Contact | The City of Portland, Oregon
Site Point of Contact Portal
Single Point Of Contact – IT Services San Francisco Bay Area
Business Service Management External links:
Business Service Management (BSM)
Login – HP Business Service Management
HP Business Service Management (BSM) Overview – …
Financial management for IT services External links:
Financial Management for IT services by Ivan Flores on Prezi
Information and communication technologies External links:
B.S. Degree in Information and Communication Technologies
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma | Greenville Technical College
Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification – GoLeanSixSigma…
RPR problem diagnosis External links:
RPR problem diagnosis – WOW.com
Economic efficiency External links:
Economic Efficiency Definition | Investopedia
Economic Efficiency (eVideo, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Economic Efficiency – Investopedia
Microsoft Operations Framework External links:
What is Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)? – …
Microsoft Operations Framework 4.0
Exin MOFF.EN Microsoft Operations Framework …
Business relationship management External links:
About Business Relationship Management – BRM Institute
IT Strategic Partnering – Business Relationship Management
Service level External links:
Service Level Agreements – Home | Microsoft Azure
Configure Service Level Management | Microsoft Docs
FMS Service Level Agreement Metric Reporting | …
Software asset management External links:
Software Asset Management (SAM) customer evidence
Software Asset Management – Microsoft SAM
Softline Solutions – Software Asset Management Expert
Event Management External links:
RegFox Event Management Software
Gather – Private Event Management Software for …
Hyatt Event Management System
IBM Tivoli Unified Process External links:
ITUP – IBM Tivoli Unified Process | AcronymFinder
ITUP – IBM Tivoli Unified Process. Looking for abbreviations of ITUP? It is IBM Tivoli Unified Process. IBM Tivoli Unified Process listed as ITUP
http://5698-B26 IBM Tivoli Tape Optimizer on z/OS, V2.2
IBM Tivoli Unified Process (ITUP) Composer User Guide …